Saturday, December 31, 2005

Photograph
















Dear Rachel,

Just some random thoughts today....

It's the last day of the year. The worst year of my life. The worst year of many, many people's lives. I've only had a couple of really bad years - the year my mom and dad divorced and the year that Steve and I divorced - but they don't compare to 2005. Mom & Dad both remarried wonderful, loving people who have enriched many lives. Steve and I both remarried and I truly believe we're both living our "happily ever after." In spite of the pain endured in these two examples, life did get better and there were happy endings.

I honestly don't see what good can ever come from your death. And while I'm thankful this terrible year is just about over, I know we still face a lot of hurdles in the year to come. It has to be a better year. I don't think any of us can take much more. We'll start the New Year with a long-anticipated visit from Amy and then a visit out to see our Little Princess in Virgina. Nice to have something to look forward to.




















I heard an old George Harrison song today and thought of you.

"Every time I see your face
It reminds me of the places we used to go
But all I've got is a photograph
And I realize you're not coming back anymore"

I'm forever thankful for all the beautiful pictures we have of you.

Love,

Les




1 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

Lesley,

I've been thinking the same thing. What good can come from Rachels death. There is no good that will come from her death. Only from her life, and how she learned and taught, and lived life to the fullest with others.

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home