Sunday, November 06, 2005

Happy Anniversary Baby, Got You On My Mind













Dear Rach,

Seventeen years ago today your dad and I were married. I can't imagine being with anyone else. Rod is truly my better half. He laughs more easily. He's much more generous and forgiving than I. He's a kind, gentle soul and I find such comfort in the life we share. I constantly fall in love with him over and over again. He's the best friend I've ever had and I love being his wife.

I've been thinking a lot about Rod's blog entry from the other day. He said he'd give back everything he's ever owned and everything he might ever own, just to have you back. And you know what? In spite of what I just wrote in the previous paragraph, if I could (and I truly mean this), I'd trade places with you right now, just so he could have you back in his life. I know how much he loves me and I know he'd miss me terribly, but you were the light of his life, his pride & joy, and I wish I could do something, anything, to bring you back. After seventeen years, it's difficult to think of gifts for each other. We tend to buy what we want or need when we see it. And all your daddy wants and needs this year is you. So instead of the cards and nice dinner out, I wish with all my heart that my gift to him could be you.

Love,


Les

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home