Saturday, February 11, 2006

Frosty the Snowman





















Dear Rach,

It snowed this morning. Pretty wimpy storm, though. I doubt we even got an inch. We really haven't had much of a winter this year. I shouldn't complain, but I'd really like a bit more snow. Just 3-4 inches. Preferably on the weekend so I can enjoy it from inside. Not too cold either. Not too much to ask, right?

We get a daily newsletter (via email) from Shaylyn's preschool and yesterday her teacher mentioned that it had snowed. I don't think Virginia Beach gets a lot of snow, so Shaylyn must've been very excited. It reminded me of how much fun you and Amy used to have when we go to Nana and Papa's cabin in Big Bear. Growing up in San Diego, you didn't get to see much snow so a winter trip to the cabin was always lots of fun. After making a few snow angels and the obligatory snowman, you and Amy would slide down the hill on saucers (your dad and I even got in on this!). I think at some point Amy decided to skip the saucer and went down on her tummy instead.

Those were fun times.

Maybe we'll get a heavy snow in another winter or two when Shaylyn is visiting. I'm sure her Aunt Ammy would love to help her build a snowman and teach her how to make a snow angel. Not sure about sliding down any hills, though. This is Nebraska. ;)

Love,

Les

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home