Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Vogue


















Dear Rach,

The other day Amy sent me these two pictures which I immediately turned around and sent out in another email with a huge distribution list. I was so excited and proud of her! Your dad sent a quick reply back simply asking, "Is there anybody you didn't send this to??" I laughed and silently agreed that, yah, I did go a little overboard with my gushing pride. But then I stopped short when I realized there was someone I didn't send it to and that made me terribly sad. Of course, if you were still alive, there'd be no need for me to send it -- you would've have seen the pictures long before Rod and I! You and Amy were thick as thieves and always knew what was going on in each other's lives before we did. Oh, how happy and excited you would have been for her!

If I believed in heaven and angels, I could almost allow myself to envision you and Grams sitting up on the ledge of the billboard, smiling at Amy's beautiful face, sharing old stories of when she was little and remarking on how grown up she's become.

I've always enjoyed taking pictures and can remember exactly when I got my first camera (a Kodak Instamatic). I got my first 35mm (a Canon AE-1) when I graduated from high school, made the switch to a digital few years ago and have never looked back. I've been told that I take wonderful pictures, but I think it helps to have a good subject and you and Amy were so easy to photograph. You both grew up into such gorgeous young women with beautiful smiles and twinkling eyes. I'm re-doing all our photo albums and have decided to make one of all the pictures I have of the two of you together. I must have hundreds, but I never dreamed I'd only have 19 years' worth.There were so many more shots I had left to take.

Love,

Les

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you seen Wings of Desire? I think you must have. The image of angels sitting up on the billboard is a familiar one from the film. I guess, if pressed, I would say I believe in angels. I like to think that those who have died, the ones I loved, might be looking down and trying to help me out when they can. In feng shui there is a part of the house designated, "helpful people". To quote from a book, "the element for Helpful People is heaven. Guidance and answers can come from the spirit world. Many times angels from heaven show up as helpful guides to shed light or aid you when you need them most." There must be a reason why we sometimes feel a presence so strongly. I remember the old McCartney song, "when I find myself in times of trouble, mother Mary comes to me, speaking words of wisdom, let it be".
Love, NLW

6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home