Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mother's Day

























Dear Rach,

You've been in my thoughts a lot this past week. I keep thinking about what a natural mother you were and how your love for Shaylyn was so apparent to all who knew you. You and I were both about the same age when we became mothers. Other than a few short months, I too was a single parent, struggling with college and work, trying to figure out my own life while raising Amy. As I watched you with Shaylyn, I was constantly amazed by your patience and natural ease with motherhood. I think you were one of the finest young mommies I've ever known and Shaylyn, dear sweet Shaylyn, will carry the love you gave her for the rest of her life. None of us will ever let her forget how much you loved her. We will share with her all the pictures and memories we have of you so that she grows up knowing her mommy loved her more than anything in the whole world.


You're in my thoughts today, as are Debbie and Shaylyn.

Love,

Les

8 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

Happy Mothers Day Leslie.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Les said...

Thank you, Eric. Hope all is well with you. Take care.

Lesley

11:38 AM  
Blogger SuperP. said...

Your having posting pictures makes your loss so tangible and real to outsiders who visit. I can't tell you enough how I wish this wasn't so for you and your daughter's daughter. I wish you all God's blessings as you continue on.

9:57 PM  
Blogger Les said...

Thanks, Penny. I appreciate your kind words.

10:05 AM  
Blogger Librarian said...

Dear Les, I have now read almost all your entries in this one of your blogs.
I started this morning and was moved to tears, not only because of what I am going through at the moment (6 weeks, 1 day since I came home from work and found my husband dead on the floor in our living room).
The picture of Rachel and Shaylyn, where they are on the beach and Shaylyn is laughing so happily, did it for me.
The little girl looks so utterly happy and secure in the knowledge that nothing can harm her with her mum close by and on such a perfect day - I think we can only feel like that while we are children, and have not made yet the experiences that, later on in life, make us cautious and wary, often not allowing us to enjoy a moment to the full.

I do wish the very best to this little girl and to you and your family.

Thank you for directing me to your blog.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Les said...

Librarian - Thank you for taking the time to read through these archives. I hope my words helped in some small way. Our losses are very different and yet so very similar.

Yes, that photograph of Rachel with Shaylyn is one of my favorites. I remember when she sent it to us. She loved being a mommy and was such a natural.

Shaylyn was very young when she lost her mommy, but she still remembers and misses her. I hope this blog will someday bring her some comfort and knowledge that she was loved deeply by her mama.

Thank you for all your kind words. I'll be in touch.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Staci said...

What a beautiful post that left me in tears.

4:20 PM  
Blogger Les said...

Staci - Thank you for taking the time to comment on such an old post.

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home